Wednesday 8 December 2010

Winter Chic Style

Winter Chic Style

I always find it difficult to dress during the chilly winters – I never know if I'll be too cold or too warm, how many layers are needed, and the important one – shoes (or boots!). You don't want to wear suede knee-high boots in the snow or rain, and you don't want hat-hair from donning head-wear, so you need to plan ahead, literally from head-to-toe.

My best advice for dressing for winter would be black jersey leggings – and lots of them! My personal style for a casual winter look at the moment seems to be a pair of black jersey leggings, a long-long tunic, and my black UGGs with a pair of knee-high socks (that match or nicely co-ordinate with the top). With a long-line waterfall cardigan, and a thick stretchy black belt. If I'm going out, I'll add a cute scarf to finish the outfit (and of course a coat, heehee).

While trying to find some more inspiration, I found this fantastic video by YouTube user, Bootsaholic.


I love the idea of using stereotypical spring/summer clothes with a pair of thick tights or leggings, with a pair of cute boots.

One of the shops I love in the UK, is Dorothy Perkins, and thankfully they also deliver to Germany!

After scouring their website and falling in love with almost everything, here is my wish-list!







As you can see, my winter chic look is mainly blacks and greys, complimented (and warmed up) with tones of pink and purple! Fabulous.

Edited to add: 25% off at Dorothy Perkins until Friday with code "DPVC25"

Wrap up warm girlies, and don't forget to be FABULOUS! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment